Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Sock Bun








I am so excited today, I finally discovered "the sock bun" and let me tell you I felt like a modern day Audrey Hepburn with this do!! I've seen this amazing hair style on a ton of celebrities like J-Lo and Lauren Conrad (pictured) and of course on almost every fashion blogger that I follow, but I had yet to try it out until this morning... I have to admit it is super easy to do this... I promise!! And it was so much fun creating this chic look, I tried a few different sock sizes from medium to large to play around with the shape of it. Here is how I created my sock bun in a few simple steps, I hope you'll give it a try too!!!

1. Take a sock ( preferably a dress sock) and cut the toe area off.
2. Roll the sock to create a donut shape, it will look like a scrunchie
3. Pull your hair into a ponytail with a hair elastic, you can place the pony anywhere from the base of your neck all the way up to the top of your head. It's totally up to you and the look you are going for!
4. Set and spray your hair with a medium hold hairspray.
5. Place the "sock donut" at the base of the ponytail and pull it 3/4 down your pony, then tuck your hair around and into the sock and start rolling down back to the base of it.
6. You can secure the bun with a few bobby pins, I didn't need to my hair felt very secure. Then finish with another spritz of hairspray.
7. You can play with texture depending on the look you want to achieve, my hair was straightened the day before so I had a more sleek look. But you can go for a messier bun and leave some pieces loose for a fun look too.

Have you tried a sock bun yet? And if not, will you?
p.s. You can also check out YouTube and type in "how to make a sock bun" for some great tutorials!!

No comments:

Post a Comment