Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Show Your Stripes




Oh how I love stripes... Seriously, I loooove stripes! So much so that I recently bought two striped dress from The Gap, one is black and white and the other grey and pink. I actually wish I would have bought the navy and white one as well! I also had an amazing Friends and Family discount (thank you Leigh!) and an additional 10% off card!! So this dress ended up costing me $19 (happy dance)... Stripes are a classic and I love the nautical feel that they bring to an outfit, there is nothing more chic than a striped tee with a slim fit pant or denim or a simple striped dress for work or the weekend. If you're worried that stripes will make you look wider, they don't! That's a fashion myth, you can always play it safe and try a Breton-stripe boat neck top with a neutral pant or skirt. Don't be afraid to experiment with bright colour stripes and stripe size, you can always start off with smaller pinstripes which are classic and fabulous for work wear and save the bolder stripes for the weekend. Another fun tip to try with your stripes is to add another print to the ensemble, take your classic striped top (black and white always looks great) and skinny jeans or dress pants or a pencil skirt and pair them with a fun bold floral or polka dot scarf or a cool leopard print shoe... The possibilities are endless and trust me, this looks fantastic. You'll be the fashionista of the office! Are you a "stripe lover" too?

No comments:

Post a Comment