Friday, May 4, 2012
Spring is the perfect time to add some colour to your daily makeup routine, I was so inspired by this picture of Olivia Wilde with gorgeous pastel purple eye makeup that I had to try it out myself... Purple and lavender hues are actually quite easy to wear and they work for all eye colours, it is a nice change from the usual earthy tones that we wear on a daily basis. I used a fabulous Quo shadow palette (available at Shoppers Drug Mart) from their Spring 2012 collection called Aurora Borealis ($15), it has a trio of beautiful purple tones to create a stunning day or night look. I am going to give you 5 simple steps to help you create the perfect purple eye on yourself:
1. Start with clean moisturized skin, then apply your foundation and concealer.
2. Sweep a shimmery peach blush onto the apples of your cheeks, then apply a coral lip gloss on your lips.
3. Using the soft pink shimmery shade from the palette apply this shadow under your brow bone and onto the inner tear ducts of the eyes, this will really open up your eyes.
4. Pat the light purple shadow onto the lid from the lash line to your natural crease. Use a flat shadow brush for easy application.
5. Take the darker purple shade and apply it onto the outer corners of the eyes and blend in with a q-tip.
6. Finish off with 2 coats of mascara on your top lashes and 1 coat on the bottom lashes.
Voila! A fresh and fun Spring look!